Super Bit Machine makes competitive multiplayer arena shooters that unite players on PC and mobile. Join us in Santa Monica and help contribute to a growing, scalable platform with real-time multiplayer servers!
We are looking for a talented and experienced Devops Engineer who can execute and manage a workload that spans features that touch our proprietary real time game server code as well as client implementation of game features.
Our game is fast, reliable, and beautiful so our ideal candidate can be mindful of the user’s end experience as they deploy their extensive knowledge of coding and deployment best practices.
- Setup and maintain network gear, wireless and infrastructure at the office and AWS, including patching and updating hardware and software as needed.
- Perform daily monitoring and troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
- Assist and collaborate on backup and disaster recovery plan for on-site infrastructure.
- Provide assistance with desktop issues on Mac & Windows.
- Collaborate with other DevOps and engineers to help fix production issues.
- Computer Science/Gaming degree or equivalent experience.experience.
- Experience with Networking, LAN, High density WiFi installations.
- Experience with Windows Servers, Windows Desktops and OS X Desktop troubleshooting.
- Experience with LDAP / Active Directory server, client & services setup and Group Policies.
- Experience with AWS deployments (EC2, ELBs, RDS, Elasticache, Cloudfront)
- Experience with Hardware requirements and recommendations for CI/CD with Jenkins, Git, Perforce, etc.
- Experience with Deployment and management technologies like Chef, CloudFormation, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Good grasp of scripting languages for sysadmin/automation (Bash shell, python, ruby)
- Worked on Multiplayer games
- Great communication skills
- Willingness to be on-call rotations
Full benefits package