Beta 2.0 version 0.99.7 is out in the wild this week for iOS and Android… remember to please update your devices to the current version to join the game servers! With this update also comes the completely revamped Snowbase 2.0, the return of the voting system, new end of round animations (with glorious voiceover treatment) and, of course, many MANY bug fixes and tweaks to make your current and future Armajet gaming experiences much better!
ICYMI… GET ARMAJET 2.0 SWAG!
Remember, there are so many ways to win Armajet swag: submit highlight clips to the Armajet Weapon Content Bounty Program (this week’s weapon is the Ironbark), catch Dev Stream 2.0 (Friday’s at 1PM PST!), and watch out for special social media posts on Twitter/Facebook. On top of making it easy, we’ll also be adding many more swag items including the much requested Armajet 2.0 wall poster (coming soon). Did you miss today’s very ‘green’ Dev Stream 2.0? Catch the VOD on Youtube by clicking below. We insist!
WEAPON OF THE WEEK: IRONBARK
SUPER BIT MACHINE @ POCKETGAMER CONNECTS SF - WRAP-UP
Couldn’t catch Alex on ‘The Rise of High Fidelity Mobile Games’ live? Check it out on our ad-hoc Periscope channel from the event, here. Being on this particular panel means a lot for us here at Super Bit Machine and should highlight many things to come… A big thank you to Razer for the invitation!
UP AND COMING…
- Visual data optimizations halving memory pressure for the app when loaded. Investigation also turned up several additional, smaller, improvements that are forthcoming. This should reduce random crashes on devices that are lower memory capacity.
- Temple 2.0 – animated water texture added to the map to give more of a sense of depth. 3D vines and torches added for flair. 3D bridges so the player shadows work better than previously.
- Concept art and 3D block outs on our first premium flightsuit that will be available for purchase when we launch.
- Diving into netcode to re-implement buffering of client side inputs for more responsive firing. now your shots will be simulated on the client and then interpolated into position by the server. Gameplay should therefore feel even smoother.
- Chat fixes, now appearing in the lobby again!
- Building the concept of spectating games back into the new netcode.
- Visual development on new color treatments for flightsuits.
- Internal design tool created for authoring weapon XP progression and crafting recipes.